Cannabidiol (CBD) is found in cannabis leaves or hemp flower. It has been used for healing humans and animals. You’re probably more familiar with the terms such as weed or marijuana, CBD is derived from its cousin known as hemp. In the past few years, CBD oil has become a mainstay in the holistic veterinary world to help dogs and other pets with serious diseases.
Here are the things you need to know about CDB oil for dogs and pets:
- Your pet won’t be addicted to CBD oil, it won’t get “high” because CBD oil doesn’t contain Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC – the psychoactive compound that will leave you and your pet high). CBD oil is known to do the exact opposite of that, it can potentially help your pet with anxiety issues and other diseases.
- CBD oil is for dogs and other pets, just look at the dosage for the size of the dog or cat that you have. CBD oil has been touted with canine benefits for improved appetite, joint health, shiny coat, anti-anxiety, and more.
- CBD oil can be excellent for pet with seizures. It can help your pet to get control over seizures. CBD oil for dogs has been known to help dogs with neuropathic pain.
- Not all CBD oils for dogs and pets are created equal! You must pick an oil that is certified and tested to make sure it’s safe for your pet.
- CDB oil for pets should be safe to take even if your pet is currently on medications. However, you have to double check with your veterinarian when in doubt if you want to be sure.
Do veterinarians recommend CBD oil?
It’s always good to ask some advice from the veterinarian. However, you need to ask advice from an open-minded veterinarian who knows about CBD oil and familiar with its pros and cons. You shouldn’t be surprised if some veterinarians are against the use of CBD on pets. There are a lot of veterinarians who are not yet updated on the latest research that shows promising results and benefits of CBD oil. So, don’t give up on using CBD oil for your pets. Well-prepared veterinarians will offer you their knowledge and they will also let you know their experience while they guide you on choosing the best product for your pet. If you are still having some doubts about CBD oil, try to talk to other pet owners who are using CBD oil for their pets or CBD pet treats or some use CBD Conditioning Shampoo for pets to relax them too. It will give you valuable information about effects of the products they are using, the dose and other information.
Dog owners are encouraged to consult their veterinarians before starting their pets on any new treatments, especially since there might be contraindications.